TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without any notice.
2. We do not provide legal, professional or any other consultation and you should always seek independent advice before acting on any information on the website. We only aim to create awareness and educate our users about the legal remedies available to them.
3. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
4. We take all care in ensuring that all information we provide on this website is accurate, but we do not take responsibility for any loss suffered by the users of this website, as a consequence of any action that you take or omit to take on the basis of any of the information provided on this website.
5. We shall not be liable for any loss suffered by you through the use of this website howsoever caused, including loss caused through but not limited to our negligence, breach of contract, copyright infringement, breach of other intellectual property rights, or defamation.
6. We shall not sell, market, trade, or transfer to outside parties your sensitive personal information (SPI). We may release your information when the release is required to comply with the law, enforce our policies, protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Sensitive Personal Information shall have the meaning as defined in Rule 3 of The Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011.
7. This website contains material that is owned by us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
8. You must refrain from using the website in any way that causes damage to the website or in any unlawful, harmful or fraudulent manner. Any such use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and shall be a criminal offence.
9. You must respect the use of the website by other users and not interfere with their legitimate use of the website and our services.
10. Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the website, we do not guarantee this, nor do we accept any responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
11. You hereby agree not to e-mail us material including spamming which is deliberately intended to disrupt the normal functioning of the website or cause any damage, in any manner, to Lawbriefcase.
12. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies and, therefore, we owe no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
13. When subscribing to the newsletter on this website, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, and profession. We may also collect information about your computer, your IP address, and your use of this website. Any of such information which we collect from you may be used to improve this website or to administer a contest, promotion, survey or provide advertisements of interest to you.
14. We reserve the right to delete your name from our mailing list without any notice.
15. We offer legal education and legal know-how to our users who want to get their legal queries resolved by volunteers. The volunteers that we are in association shall provide users with legal assistance, support and advice and have been associated with us on a pro bono basis. We attempt to bring knowledge of the law to our users by providing required legal knowledge, legal awareness, know-how, advice, infomercials, etc., to them.
16. Users seeking legal advice are required to fill and submit the query form available at our website. Upon receiving the form by our team, the concerned users shall be contacted within 24 hours by us via calls to provide legal advice to them and if in any case, further legal assistance is required, we may on the consent of users connect them with our volunteers for further legal assistance.
17. We do not subscribe to the views of authors and do not, in any way, confirm or deny the opinion expressed therein and shall not be treated as our opinion.
18. We will take all reasonable and necessary care to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, access our website, or submit any information.
20. We do not charge any fee or commission from the users or volunteers connected to us, through this website. Any queries answered by us do not, in any way, establish clientlawyer relationships.
21. Any kind of “solicitation” or “advertising”, either directly or indirectly, is not done by Lawbriefcase adhering to Rule 36 of the Bar Council of India and the Advocates Act, 1961. We provide a cost-free platform for users who are seeking legal awareness, legal knowledge, know-how and advice.
22. We reserve the sole right to modify the terms and conditions without prior permission from you or providing notice to you.
24. Your use of the website signifies your acceptance of all the terms and conditions at the time of your use.
25. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website are subject to the laws of India and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Ghaziabad and New Delhi.
1. We own the Content on this website and along with the content that will be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but to be able to legally provide this website to our visitors, we have to retain certain rights to use such Content in connection with this website, as set forth below.
2. By providing any content to our website in any form you agree to give us a nonexclusive right and license over the content. Since the copyright and license are nonexclusive, you are free to publish your content on other social media platforms too.
3. By providing any Content to our website: you agree to grant us a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license (including any moral rights or other necessary rights) to use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform, promote, archive, translate, and to create derivative works and compilations, in whole or in part. Such license will apply with respect to any form, media, or technology known or later developed.
4. You warrant and represent that you have all legal, moral, and other rights that may be necessary to grant us the license set forth in this Section.
5. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have the right (but not obligation), in our sole discretion, to refuse to publish or to remove or block access to any content you provide at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
6. No compensation will be paid with respect to the Content that you submit to us unless otherwise agreed upon.